Rivero & Gustafson’s Tax Law Team has solid experience in advising individuals, large estates, companies, and collectives about all forms of Tax Law at the local, regional, national, and international level.
Our goal is to provide our clients with transparent and comprehensive advice covering all areas of activity.
We offer complete and preventive advice in which we analyse each client’s specific situation with the aim of foreseeing possible risks and proposing the best solutions.
Our service is aimed at national and foreign companies, as well as individuals and large estates, focusing mainly on the following matters:
- Corporate tax law. Continuous and comprehensive advice on tax and accounting matters to SMEs, family businesses, large companies, and consolidated tax groups. Corporate Tax Planning and restructuring transactions.
- Taxation of individuals. Specialist advice service for individuals. Planning of Personal Income Tax, Wealth Tax and Inheritance and Donations Tax.
- Tax law for non-profit organisations. Foundations, non-governmental organisations, and associations of various kinds.
- Relations with the Treasury. Compliance with all your obligations regarding the Public Treasury.
- Procedural Tax Law. Representation, advice, preparation, and management of appeals filed in tax matters: verification procedures, management, collection and inspection, crimes against the Public Treasury, derivations of responsibility, claims in administrative, economic-administrative, and administrative-contentious cases
We also work closely with our colleagues in the other departments supporting them in all kinds of issues:
- Due diligence tax procedures, transfer pricing and tax aspects of commercial contracts
- Company restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and other operations and transactions, transfer of registered address, increasing and decreasing capital
- Specific reviews of tax situations caused by regulatory changes or extraordinary activities of the company
- Severance payments
We adapt our advice to our clients’ needs, and we offer our services in other areas such as international taxation, tax reorganisation, business activity in third countries, planning and implementing Spanish investments abroad, taxation of non-residents in Spain, special taxes (in some industrial sectors and countries). To do this, we have a young, flexible team who are comfortable working in English, with the support of a wide network of foreign colleagues and the Awerian alliance of which we are part.
Our professionals will always defend our clients’ commercial aims, and not only attempt to reduce their costs and tax risk, but also help them identify new business opportunities, an added value of our service.
Tax law team
José María Domínguez Crespo
Coordinator of Tax Law Department
María José Valerdiz Menéndez
Lawyer in Tax Law Department
Cristina Martínez Trillo
Lawyer in Tax Law Department